"Psychology is the study of the mind and behavior. The discipline embraces all aspects of the human experience — from the functions of the brain to the actions of nations, from child development to care for the aged. In every conceivable setting from scientific research centers to mental healthcare services, "the understanding of behavior" is the enterprise of psychologists." (American Psychological Association)
Who should major in Psychology?
- Students planning a career in mental health or social services
- Students preparing for professional schools or graduate school in psychology and related disciplines
- Students interested in understanding behavior and developing insight into themselves and others
- Students preparing for careers that require creative problem-solving, critical thinking, and the ability to apply psychological principles to their personal, social, and organizational life
- Learn from award-winning faculty and recognized scholars, all committed to student success
- Many opportunities for students to collaborate with faculty on research projects on a broad range of topics
- Extensive co-op program and clinical practicum opportunities
- Flexible curriculum that allows students to focus on their specialized interests while gaining a solid foundation in psychology
- Graduate programs in Industrial-Organizational, School, Clinical, and General Psychology
- EKU offers students the opportunity to earn the Bachelor’s degree online taking the same courses with the same faculty who teach on campus
Learn Online with EKU. EKU offers students the opportunity to earn their bachelor’s degree in psychology online.
Check out our photo gallery of department events!